Here are 8 interesting gifts for writers.
- LED pen for writing at night – Hardcore writers often get deep thoughts at night. No more need for undecipherable notes in the dark. And best of all, you can use it as a flashlight to go to the washroom at night. Plus, it has a stylus that you can text with. One heck of a fancy little pen.
- Aqua Notes – Ideas pop up at the most inopportune times, even in the shower. Worry not when you have Aqua Notes. It’s a waterproof note pad on which you can record your super ideas … or even mundane things like grocery lists.
- Check out this fantastic online shop called Out of Print. They feature tees with iconic book covers like Catcher in the Rye, Moby Dick and Pride and Prejudice.
Even kids’ tees emblazoned with Where the Wild Things Are or The Hungry Caterpillar. Grrr! I wish they’d been around when my kids were young. They have other stuff too like mugs and coasters + they donate a dollar to Books for Africa.
- Scrabble – This may be an old board game, but it’s a goody. It’ll help every writer jog those little grey cells.
- Space Pen – Remember the Seinfeld episode where Jerry takes Jack Klompus’ space pen and the chaos that ensues. Now you can have your own space pen. Just try to keep the chaos under control.
- Coffee Mugs – no writer can make it through the day without some java. Give us a coffee mug like this one to make our day.
- A Book Pendant – this one works not just for writers but for readers too.
- The Elements of Style by Strunk & White – if the writer in your life doesn’t have one of these, run out and pop one into his or her stocking. No writer should be without this writing classic.
What do you plan to give the writer in your life?
2016 Creative Writing Classes at Beyond-The-Lamppost
Tues. afternoons January 12 – March 29 in Oakville “Shaping Your Story”
Wed. afternoons January 13 – March 30 in Oakville “Get Your Story Finished”
Thurs. afternoons January 14 – March 3 in Oakville “Almost there: Revising & Rewriting Your Manuscript”